This 10 month program is the most complete training at The MAKE UP FOR EVER Academy Brussels taught by the best make up artist. It covers all the specializations required by the professional make-up industry; from beauty to artistic make-up.
During this program you will be fully prepared to face every challenge that the make up industry has to offer.
This training will meet the demand, needs and expectations of the industry. You can grow and maximize your talent in this intense and all round training to become a real professional makeup artist.
You will be working and developing your makeup skills for 4 full days every week. This is what makes the MAKE UP FOR EVER Academy Brussels so unique! No other schools in our region offer such an intense make up training.
With your MAKE UP FOR EVER ACADEMY certificate you are set to work with specialist in the tv and film industry but you are also eligible to work with photographers and stylist during photoshoots or fashion shows.
Your future career is waiting for you!
Session from September until June: starting 25/09/2023.
– Basics knowledge of the skin
– Product knowledge
– Anatomy and morphological analysis of different face shapes
– Color knowledge and how to use it in different settings
– The role and attitude of the make-up artist in each domain
– Make up for the skin, eyes, lips and eyebrows
– The blending of lights and shadows
– Understanding morphologies and how to make the necessary corrections to the skin, eyes, lips and eyebrows
– Basics of studio lighting knowledge for make up
– Retrospective make up from the 1920’s to modern day make up and how to adapt it.
– Historical make up in fashion
– Photo make up
– Fashion show make up
– Application of day and make up looks
– Make up for mature skins as well as different ethnic groups
– Practical tips and tricks to adapt the learned techniques to different settings (photos, bridal, fashion show…)
– Attitude of an MUA on a TV set
– Lighting knowledge for recordings
– Make up for men and women (natural, corrections and sophisticated)
– Tv make up: presenters, guests, entertainers…
– Cinema latex ageing
– Placement of hairpieces
– Products for recreating SFX on the skin (blood, latex, glue, artificial flesh,..)
– Particular skin features (diseases, corpse-like, textures, ..)
– First, second and third degree burns
– Open wounds, bruises and skin effects
– Application and make up of small prosthetics
THEATRE & STAGE MAKE-UP (theatre, opera, circus, dance, cabaret, drag queen…) –
– What effect does light have on make up in the stage world
– Transformation of a face by using lights and shadows
– Creating an emotional expression (happiness, innocence, joy…)
– Drag queen make-up
– Cabaret make-up
– Circus make-up
– Creating fantasy characters (animals, icons…)
– Artistic development
– Facepainting techniques
– Bodypainting techniques
– Creating artistique elements on a face/body: optical illusion, abstract, figurative, pointillisme, floral make-up…
– Face- and bodypainting for a stage
– Face- and bodypainting in studio
– MUA etiquette for bodypainting
1. You learn all the Beauty and Fashion techniques.
2. Master small Special Effects (SFX), cinema and television techniques.
3. From theory and practice to professional internships in the field.
4. Get started right after your training.
PROFILE: You don’t need prescience to join this 10 month intensive course. All levels are welcome. For make-uplovers, people who have a passion for make-up and might want to upgrade their skills to become pro.
SCHEDULE: From Monday to Thursday from 9.30AM until 6.30PM. Excl. school holidays. The Academy does not follow the dates of ofﬁcial school holidays.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION
The participants are selected on basis of their interview (motivation letter, a list of questions during the interview and if the candidate has one portfolio) and a short discussion with the Director
the MAKE UP FOR EVER Academy Brussels, Mr. Dries WELSCH, who evaluates the candidate’s motivation and creative talent.
MASTER PROGRAM: 4, 6 OR 10 MONTHS
Before you start a master program it is important to find the training that is best suited for you. You can do this by asking our Academy teachers for their advice. 10 months is obviously even more complete and goes into more skills than the 6 and 2 months course.